Name: L-Sit Also known as: (If you know this by any other name, leave a comment below). Main muscles used: Stomach Other muscles used: Hip flexors, arms. Top tips:
- The only parts of your body that should be touching the floor, are your hands.
- Sit on the floor with your hands planted firmly on the floor either side of your thighs.
- The hands should be forward of your hips (closer to your knees), not in line with them.
- With your arms, push your bum and both heels off the floor in one move.
- If you are having trouble getting your heels off the floor, place your hands further forwards of your hips.
- Really tense your stomach and the front of your thighs before lifting yourself up to make this work.
- When learning this hold, try raising your hands off the floor and onto some blocks. This will make it easier.
- Having your hands too close to your hips.
- Heels touching the floor.
- Bum touching the floor.
Comments: This is a static, holding exercise. Once in position, there should be no movement. But, this is a very difficult, advanced, hold. You need a good level of strength in your stomach, arms and legs, and good hip flexibility before even attempting this hold. You also need a good sence of balance to ensure your hands are in the right place and you don’t simply collapse. Good luck!