I have a natural love of being active and “playing” at life. I like helping others find this love too. Especially when I see the spark in their eyes when they realise “wow, I can do this!”
As an independent Fitness Coach and Personal Trainer, I work with individuals and groups of all abilities and levels, helping them achieve their personal goals and rehabilitate after injuries.
I get huge satisfaction from helping people focus on what they “can do” and realise there is always a Plan B to achieving what they want. It just takes a bit of imagination.
- BSc in biology
- ARNI Stroke rehabilitation instructor.
- Level 3 – Wright Foundation GP Referral Exercise Instructor
- Level 3 – YMCA Advanced Fitness Instructor
- Level 3 – Weight management.
- Level 4 – Obesity and diabetes management.
- Level 2 – YMCA Supervising Exercise with Disabled People
- Certified Karate Union Of Great Britain (KUGB) Shotokan Karate instructor, with over 20 years experience.
- Clean CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check.
- Completed Sports Coach UK Workshops in:
- Good Practice & Child Protection
- Coaching Disabled Sports People
- Coaching & the Law
- Started learning Shotokan Karate when 7 years old.
- By age of 12 was regularly planning and teaching Karate at the childrens class.
- Gaining more and more coaching experience throughout teenage years, and by age of 16 was taking training sessions at both kids and adults classes every week.
- Students were both male and female and ranged from 5 year olds to those in late 70’s (hello Brian & Vera if you’re out there!)
- Class sizes ranged from individuals to 64 on one occasion!
- After gaining university degree, I started my own Shotokan karate club and coached school kids, whole families, policemen, university heads of depts. etc
- Students ranged widely in abilities, including those with missing limbs, learning disabilities, heart conditions, chronic arthritis, and those who can only be described as being incredibly fit and healthy!
- In 2006 I moved to North Yorkshire and qualified as a Gym Instructor and then a GP Referral Instructor. This means GP’s can refer their patients to me to help them recover from, or control/manage, their medical conditions.
- In 2014 I qualified as an ARNI Stroke Rehabilitation coach.
- I run weekly stroke rehab classes (click here for more details). I also work with private individuals to help them live their life to the fullest after their stroke (click here for more details).