What is Get Moving?
A chance for people with ongoing, chronic conditions, to get fitter, stronger, move better and do things they thought they would never do again.
We started Get Moving after running stroke rehab classes. These were aimed at helping stroke survivors maintain and improve their independence once they had been discharged from hospital.
And we found that these classes attracted and were beneficial to people with other medical conditions, such as MS, Parkinson’s and cerebral palsy. So we decided to branch out and see if we could help more people than just stroke survivors. So Get Moving was born! The goal of Get Moving is to help people in the long term to:
- Get moving.
- Keep moving.
- Improve fitness, strength, balance, coordination.
- Improve confidence and independence.
- Help people do things they didn’t think they would do again.
- Reduce the usual health problems we all face from not being active enough.
Who is Get Moving for?
Get Moving is aimed at people who need to get and keep moving, but don’t know how to safely due to age, injury or ongoing, long term medical conditions.
Get Moving is not a specialised class for any particular condition. It is to help people minimise the general health complications that come from lack of activity and fitness. As such, Get Moving is aimed at, but not restricted to:
- Seated/wheelchair based people
- Chronic pain
- Surgery recovery
- People who have never exercised and don’t know how
When and where can you Get Moving?
1st session is Friday March 1st, then every Friday after that.
- Session #1: 10am-11
- Session #2: 11:15am-12:15
Steeton & Silsden Cricket Club, Summerhill Lane, Steeton. See the map below…
£5 per class.
How to start Get Moving?
Fill out our Health Questionnaire by clicking here. It will tell us:
- Who you are.
- What your current health and ability levels are.
- Anything you think we should know about you.
If you have any random questions you would like to ask us, fill out the contact form by clicking here.
Keep up to date with everything to do with Get Moving by following on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/reesfitness/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cerinrees
- Newsletter: Click here