Name: Cannonball Situp Also known as: (If you know these by another name, please leave a comment below). Main muscles used: Stomach, hip flexors. Other muscles used: Shoulders. Top tips:
- Start by laying flat on the floor with your legs fully extended, and your arms stretched straight above your head.
- The top half of your body does a Situp.
- At the same time, your legs bend so your knees are pointing up, and your heels are as close to your arse as possible.
- When you are crunched up in this cannonball shape, your arms reach down and you touch your heels with your hands.
- Try to not let your heels touch the floor between situps.
- Keep your lower back pressed firmly against the floor when laying down.
- Same mistakes as a Full Situp.
- Doing the top and bottom halves of the move out of synch with each other.
- Not locking your legs straight when laying down.
- Resting your heels/feet on the floor between reps.
- Letting your back arch up off the floor when laying down.
- Not finishing in a tight cannonball shape.
Comments: This is a progression to the Full Situp. It needs coordination between the upper and lower halves of your body. Also, by increasing the size/range of the move, and not letting your feet rest on the floor, it makes it harder. It is often a nice idea to sit/lay on a padded mat, as the pressure on your bum can get uncomfortable after a while.