Name: Windscreen Wipers. Also known as: (if you know these by any other name, please leave a comment below). Main muscles used: Stomach, sides Other muscles used: Hip flexors, arms Top tips:
- Make sure your shoulder blades are touching the floor at all times.
- Press your hands into the floor hard to help stabilise your shoulders.
- Keep your knees locked straight.
- Try to keep a 90 degree angle at your hips (this makes it harder).
- Try to move your legs as far to the side as possible. Ensure it is a big move.
- Taking one shoulder or the other off the floor as you twist.
- Bending at the knees.
- Only moving your legs through a small range of motion.
- Losing the 90 degree angle at the hips, especially when the legs are at one side or the other.
Comments: This is another fairly advanced move. you need to work your stomach hard to keep your hips at a 90 degree angle. You also need to work your sides hard to control the sweeping motion from side to side. Because your arms have to also work hard to control your shoulders, coordinating all these different moves is a challenge in itself.