What is personal, or one to one training?
This is where I help you exercise and train. I will help you:
- Plan and structure your training.
- Be motivated before, during and after your training.
- Get the most out of the training sessions you do, so you don’t end up simply spinning your wheels and being inefficient.
- Learn safe, practical, efficient and relevant exercises.
- Learn new skills and realise you can do so much more than you ever thought you could.
- Plan ahead what exercising you can do in your own time.
But most importantly, I want to be able to educate you and help you get your head round all the stuff you will hear about exercise and diet.
In short, personal training with Rees Fitness gives you my full, undivided experience to help you be healthier, fitter and stronger in simple, efficient and practical ways that work for you.
Does that sound like something that could help you?
What is the difference between Face to Face Personal Training and Virtual Personal Training?
Face to Face Personal Training is when we meet up in person and I take you through the planned workout that I have created for you. I make sure you are doing everything correctly, safely and effectively. I am there in person to make any immediate changes and provide encouragement and motivation.
Virtual Personal Training is almost exactly the same, but instead of being there in person, it is conducted over video meetings. The main big difference is that I am obviously not there to provide physical assistance.
Just as we would arrange in advance where to train with Face to Face training, we will arrange which video meeting platform to use in advance. Currently, we have the option of Google Meet, Jitsi, Skype or Zoom.
What is an online debrief?
I pride myself in helping people overcome the obstacles they face, particularly when it comes to improving their body and being the best version of themselves . To this end, I have found a regular chance to stop, look back and assess what has happened in the previous week is invaluable. It is a chance for you to identify strengths, weaknesses and ways to improve.
The debrief is done via online video and has a simple structure to follow. This gives it the flexibility to be adapted to your needs for that particular week. Some common things it has been used for, include
- Adjusting training plans due to injury or a change in family/career circumstances
- Going in depth on a particular technique
- As an opportunity to update goals
- As a way of staying accountable and keeping on track
The Online Debrief is available as an option. Just contact me and book it.
Why do people want personal training?
There are many reasons why people want one to one training. I have found that everyone is different and unique and I like to treat them that way if I can. That is why before we start we will have an informal chat so I can get an idea of what you want training for. But, here are some of the more common things people say to me:
- Motivation. People know what they should do, but find themselves putting it off until tomorrow.
- Don’t know where to start. People know they need to do something, but there is so much they need to do! What should they do first? Where to go from there?
- They have an injury/medical condition. People do exercise to improve their health and body. But if it hurts, or if they are afraid or apprehensive about exercise, someone with my experience can help them get over those nerves and find alternatives that they are happy with.
- To get them ready for an event. Often we have to be ready for a sporting event, or wedding, or holiday or anything like that. And we need help to make sure we are the best we can be on the day!
- To review current training programme. Some people are fine training by themselves, but need help progressing their training to the next step.
- To learn/improve exercise technique. Many people simply “go through” their workouts. Doing the moves they saw on the internet or were shown by a 12 year old gym instructor on their gym induction. But they don’t know if they are doing them safely, efficiently or in a way that is suitable for them.
So the above are just some of the reasons people have come to Rees Fitness for help in the past. Maybe your reasons are similar, or maybe they are totally different. But I won’t assume anything and will try to find out from you during our initial informal chat.
Want to tell me why you need help?
Who is personal training for?
This is the easy question to answer:
Training is for absolutely anyone who needs help or advice about getting healthy, fit and strong.
So does that sound like you?
How do you get personal training from Rees Fitness?
Simple. Click here to go to the “make a booking” page and follow the 1,2,3 instructions.