Name: Arm Step Out.
Also known as: (If you know these by any other name, please leave a comment below).
Main muscles used: Belly.
Other muscles used: Shoulders, lats.
- Set yourself up in a Pressup position.
- Keep your belly very tight and your bottom down from the start.
- Keeping your body rigid and straight, take a step forwards with one arm, then the other, before returning to the start position.
- Letting your hips hang down low and arching your back down.
- Letting your body roll side to side.
- Letting your body bend or sway as you step your arms forwards/backwards.
- Only doing little, tiny steps with your arms.
Comments: This is a dynamic progression to the Front Plank. When your arms are stepped forwards, the move is simply a harder version of the Front Plank. But when your hand is in motion, there is a strong twisting force acting on your body that your midsection has to work hard to control. This is what makes it a good move. Start by making sure you can do the move slowly and under control. As with many of these exercises, quality is most important.